Jurgen Klopp offers astonishing update on Coutinho and Barcelona

Share this on

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has spoken about want-a-way player Philippe Coutinho, and claimed that now the player is no longer injured but he will still miss the next game.

That’s because Coutinho is ill – and will not be fit for the Champions League qualifier against Hoffenheim – according to Klopp at least.

The links between the player and Barcelona have gone on and on in the past couple of weeks – and it had been thought that Barcelona were set to withdraw their offer come 7pm on Sunday evening if Liverpool did not accept terms for the sale – something they did not.

That of course means Coutinho remains a Liverpool player, although quite if he even wants to play or is in the right frame of mind to play for the club after making it so clear he wants to leave remains to be seen.

Top Free Bets

The Express report Klopp said: “If Phil will start tomorrow, he can, but he’s now ill. For him it was not that serious. 

“If he would start tomorrow, it would take time. We have to take time to see when he’ll be back.

“I think I never gave a comment on whoever wrote or said.

“It’s 100 per cent that nothing changed. My English is not good enough for 500 answers, always the same question, nothing changed.”

Can Liverpool win the Premier League? Have a look at the latest Premier League betting odds right here.

Share this on
Tags :
Win Big with McGregor!