GALLERY: Premier League quartet named among top 10 best goalkeepers in worldPublished December 27, 2016
Bayern Munich’s Manuel Neuer has been crowned the world’s best goalkeeper for the fourth straight year by The International Federation of Football History and Statistics, beating off competiton from the likes of Gianluigi Buffon and Premier League quartet David De Gea, Thibault Courtois, Hugo Lloris and Claudio Bravo to scoop the award.
Based solely on an online vote, the prestigious gong will once again find its way into the hands of German stopper Neuer following what has been another remarkable year for the 30-year-old.
Also featuring on the list were the English-based quartet, with City stopper Bravo surprisingly the highest placed of the four.
Here’s the full rundown of numbers 10 to one.
10. Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns)
9. Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea)
8. Keylor Navas (Real Madrid)
7. Hugo Lloris (Tottenham)
6. Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid)
5. David De Gea (Manchester United)
4. Claudio Bravo (Manchester City)
3. Rui Patricio (Sporting Clube)
2. Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
1. Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich)