Manchester United close in on La Liga star as bust-up with manager looks likely to lead to imminent exit

Share this on

Yannick Ferreira Carrasco’s angry reaction to his weekend substitution against Alaves has put his Atletico Madrid future in jeopardy, with Manchester United and Chelsea among the clubs reportedly monitoring the situation.

Paddy Power Exclusive

Grab 5/1 on Man United to beat Hull City!

manutd_-1_1200x480

Top Free Bets

The pacey Belgian forward engaged in a heated row with head coach Diego Simeone following his withdrawal during the disappointing 0-0 away draw Mendizorroza on Saturday afternoon, deteriorating further what is already believed to be a strained relationship between the pair.

Spanish publication Don Balon writes that Carrasco’s stock with at a particularly low ebb as far as the Atleti boss is concerned, speculation is growing in Madrid that his days at the Estadio Vicente Calderon may well be numbered. The row is the latest in a series of conflicts between the duo, with the Argentine said to also be annoyed at the winger’s decision to chance his personal trainer without the say-so of the club.

After the match in the Basque country, Simeone suggested that the Belgian was partly complicit in the poor showing by the Rojiblancos.

“Carrasco played the same as the rest of the team, so there’s a need to try to improve,” he said.

carrasco-man-united

And according to the Daily Express, these tensions between player and coach have alerted Premier League giants Manchester United & Chelsea, who will undoubtedly have been impressed by the Belgian international’s superb form so far this campaign.

United, who have also been linked with Carrasco’s Atleti teammates Antoine Griezmann and Saul Niguez, are keen to overhaul their striking department this summer, with Wayne Rooney rumoured to have been cut from Jose Mourinho’s long-term plans, while Chelsea will also look to add depth to a squad ahead of what should well be their return to Champions League football in 2017/18.

wayne-rooney-everton

A £15m signing from Monaco back in 2015, the 23-year-old crowned his first full season at the Vicente Calderon by striking the equaliser in the Champions League final against rivals Real Madrid and has struck 10 goals in 29 games this time around- primarily from a wide forward position- for the fourth-placed Colchoneros.

He has an £86m release clause in his contract after signing new deal in October and as such, Atletico could expect to receive big-money should they decide to part ways with the mercurial wide man.

Share this on

Casino Free Bets

Claim £200 Bonus @ Bet365